Lead > Become A Leader > Lead at the Club Level > Club vice president
Club vice president's duties
Support the president
A well-organized and properly operating Key Club should have a properly trained vice president who is prepared to administer the Key Club in the absence of the president.
Plan programs and education
- Utilize the Make Your Meetings Move resource or other resources to plan effective ways to start the meeting.
- Work with the president to invite and coordinate special guests and speakers for club meetings and events.
- Work with the president to plan an annual goal-setting retreat for officers and board members to attend.
- Conduct a new-member-education program for all new members.
Oversee the committee system
- Utilize the member information form to determine what committees each member would like to serve on.
- Assign all members to serve on at least one committee.
- Arrange for committee meetings to occur monthly at club meetings.
- Attend the monthly meetings of the committees as an ex-officio member and advisor.
- Collect all of the monthly reports of the committees and turn them in to the secretary.
- Attend all meetings of the project committee as a counselor and ex-officio member.
- Gather material for and help edit a club newsletter.
- See that a weekly club newsletter is produced.
- Make sure the club secretary mails in the club monthly reports.
- Attend the club’s board of director meetings.
- Talk to prospective members of the Key Club and help them decide whether or not to join.
- Assist the vice president-elect in becoming acquainted with his/her duties and receive all materials and knowledge base from the past club vice president.