Your Key Club Week activities could earn your club a pizza party!
Two clubs will receive a US$50 gift card to use toward a pizza party (or any other celebration for your club).
Entering the drawing is as easy as 1-2-3!
Use the hashtag. Key Club Week is all about spreading the word about what we do. Entrants should be able to show proof that Key Club Week was promoted at least once from both a) the club’s Twitter account and b) a club member’s Twitter account. Both tweets must include the hashtag #KeyClubWeek. Entrants can either take a screenshot of the tweets or provide links to the original tweets.
Don’t have an official Twitter account for your Key Club? Now would be a great time to make one!
Host at least one event. Key Club Week wouldn’t be what it is without the work—and fun!—members put into planning events. Entrants must be able to show proof that their club participated in at least one day/theme of Key Club Week. (For details about each day’s suggested theme, check out the list at keyclub.org/keyclubweek
Entrants will need to provide pictures and a summary of their Key Club Week events. Clubs will receive one entry for each day of Key Club Week that members participate in with a Key Club Week theme and submit according to the guidelines.
Note: Your club can host any of the themes
on any day during Key Club Week, but each theme is worth one entry. For example, a club would only receive one entry if club members followed the theme “Show your K in every way” for all five days of the week. A club may be entered up to five times, one entry for each Key Club Week theme.
Submit a summary. Write a short article about your school’s Key Club Week events. Did your club gain any new potential members or raise money for a good cause along the way? This is your chance to tell us! If your club only participated in one day’s events, that’s OK, too. We want to hear about it!
Don’t forget to add your school name and club ID number on your report! If you don’t know what your club ID number is, simply go to www.kiwanisone.org/slpreports
and view the “Club Information Listing” document under Key Club. The clubs are ordered alphabetically by district. Scroll to find your club name and ID number listed in the third column.
Compile your report into one document. Write your summary in a Microsoft Word document, add your pictures and save your document as a PDF. Please do not send in more than one document. Submit your report to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight EST on November 13, 2013.
Key Club Week contest guidelines:
- All active clubs that successfully submit a report as described in the guidelines shall be entered into the contest.
- A club may report one to five different days’ worth of unique events in one report. A club may earn up to five entries, one for each day of Key Club Week activities.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight EST on November 13, 2013.
- Entries must be sent to email@example.com. Entries must be one document saved as a PDF. Additional documents will not be considered and could result in disqualification.
- Two Key Clubs will each win a US$50 gift card. Winners will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries.
- Winners will be notified via email by November 15, 2013. Gift cards will be sent no later than November 30.
- By entering, the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, club name and information and Key Club Week content submitted in any advertising or promotion without compensation.
- By accepting the prize, members of the winning clubs agree to hold Kiwanis International, Key Club International, partners, sponsors, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising from use of the prize.
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend any prize at any point.
- Our decision is final on all matters, and we will not enter into any further correspondence.