Serve > The Eliminate Project > Celebrate Eliminate Week > Step-by-step guide
This easy-to-use guide will help you plan your Key Club Eliminate Week.
1. Get things started.
- Learn about The Eliminate Project and educate your club.
- Share information about The Eliminate Project with Key Club members.
- Talk to your school advisor or principal and get approval to host a Key Club Eliminate Week.
2. Plan your week.
- Choose how your club wants to get involved. Here are a few ideas:
- Aim to choose at least one activity in the advocacy category and one in the fundraising category.
- Outline what you need to do to accomplish your club’s week of activities.
- Set clear goals for your club.
3. Educate your audience.
- Include information about Key Club Eliminate Week in school publications and on websites.
- Make announcements to remind students about Eliminate Week.
- Make and download posters to promote your week.
- Hang posters in the halls and cafeteria.
- Make buttons to wear and share to promote your activities.
- Use the cutout toolkit to create collection containers and promotional items.
- Download instructions & button templates.
4. Make it happen.
- Follow your plan and have a great week!
- Celebrate successes along the way. Mark your progress with a progress chain.
5. Wrap up.
- Gather the funds you raised.
- Deposit funds in the bank.
- Write your check to The Eliminate Project.
- Submit your check with the Kiwanis family giving form. (On the “donor to be credited” line, note the funds were collected during Eliminate Week.)
- Write your club name or club number on the memo line of the check so you can earn recognition for your club’s efforts.
- Send your donation to:
The Eliminate Project: Campaign Office
Kiwanis International Foundation
3636 Woodview Trace
Indianapolis, IN 46268