Key Club members, adult advisors and invited guests are expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the high ideals of Key Club and should abide by the provisions of this Code while in attendance at any Key Club International event. Every member will respect the authority of the Sergeant-at-Arms Committee, Key Club administrators, and designated staff.
1. All participants are expected to abide by all government laws and regulations.
2. Members must respect the personal property of others as well as the property of any meeting or lodging facility. The placing of signs or messages on the windows of the hotel rooms is prohibited. No material may be affixed to any hotel walls. Any damage caused by a member must be paid for by that member.
3. Members may not possess or consume any alcoholic beverages.
4. Members may not possess or use any drugs or other controlled substance, with the exception of medication prescribed for the attendee.
5. Members may not possess or use tobacco products.
6. Members are expected to abstain from any activity of a sexual nature.
7. Members are expected to not tolerate hazing or any action that creates unnecessary physical or mental discomfort, embarrassment, harassment or ridicule of others.
8. Members may not possess weapons, firecrackers, or anything of a dangerous nature or act in any way unbecoming of a Key Club member.
1. Members staying in the official hotel must sleep in their assigned room.
2. Female members are not allowed in the room of any male member, and male members are not allowed in the room of any female member.
3. Male and female members may be present together in hospitality suites when an adult chaperone is present.
4. All members are expected to abide by a curfew beginning at midnight and lasting until 5:00 am unless otherwise specified by the hotel. No Key Club member shall be allowed on balconies after curfew.
5. Items within this section may be modified by the Key Club International Board with approval of the International Administrator.
1. All participants are expected to abide by the designated dress code for each session.
2. “Professional” refers to dress shirt, necktie, sport or suit coat, dress, skirt or slacks, and appropriate shoes.
3. “Business Casual” refers to collared shirt, dress, slacks, skirt and appropriate shoes.
4. “Casual” refers to shorts, skirt or jeans, collared shirts, sweatshirts or appropriate tee-shirts and casual footwear.
5. At no time will any clothing with inappropriate language, or graphics be allowed. Any shirts, shorts, or skirts deemed to be of inappropriate length will not be allowed.
6. All participants are required to wear name badges for all convention events.
1. Violations of this Code will result in notification to the respective district administrator and event chaperone, and may include dismissal at the attendee’s expense.
2. Violations involving destruction of property, possession, consumption or use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances will result in dismissal of the attendee from the event.
3. Notification, in writing, will be made by the Key Club International Administrator or his representative to the school, Kiwanis sponsor and parents of any member disciplined under this section.
4. These rules are effective as of the time you arrive at this event, until the time you depart.
Key Club members, adult advisors and invited guests are expected to demonstrate behavior consistent with the high ideals of Key Club and should abide by the provisions of this Code while in attendance at any Key Club International virtual event. Every member will respect the authority of the Sergeant-at-Arms Committee, Key Club administrators, and designated staff.