Hydrate for 28 is an epic 28-day wellness challenge for Key Club students to help raise awareness of the water crisis while highlighting the importance of staying hydrated. This campaign is designed for individual Key Club members to focus on their mental and physical health while learning about global causes, with an opportunity to take action too.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Key Club members! Hydrate for 28 is an EPIC campaign designed for individual-member participation. Here’s how!
- Text “HYDRATE” to 97779 to sign up. You must register by text, because once the campaign starts, we will send out daily messages with important updates.
- Commit to drinking 64 ounces of water per day for the entire month of February.
- Purchase a co-branded Thirst Project x Key Club water bottle to use during the campaign. US$8 from each sale will help build wells in eSwatini!
- Create a campaign page and ask sponsors to donate funds for each day you drink 64 ounces of water in February. 100% of money raised will help build a water project for a community in need!
*You can still participate without purchasing a water bottle, but we encourage you to get one to support Thirst Project’s work.*
Learn more about the campaign. We’ve got all the details below.
TEXT HYDRATE TO 97779
In order to participate in this campaign, you must Text “HYDRATE” to 97779. Here’s why …
Starting February 1, we’re going to text you daily to ask about your health and energy levels and if you drank 64 ounces of water that day. Answering will take less than 60 seconds, but it will help us measure how drinking water affects your wellness from day to day.
TEXT HYDRATE TO 97779 now.
BUY A BOTTLE
We’ve never had Thirst Project x Key Club merchandise that you can rep … until today. Buy a water bottle HERE to use during the campaign. US$8 from each bottle sold will help fund a water project for a community in eSwatini. The bottle will be mailed directly to you.
Create your fundraising page HERE
For Key Club members who want to take the next step in this campaign to impact the global water crisis, we challenge you to get sponsored for each day you drink 64 ounces of water.
- Ask 10 friends or family members to donate US$1 for each day you complete the drinking water challenge. Fill out your pledge form with your donor names HERE.
- Keep track of the number of days you drank 64 ounces of water. We will also ask you this in the daily form you receive via text message.
- Create your fundraising page HERE. Once the campaign is over, count the number of days you’ve completed the Hydrate for 28 challenge. Send your fundraising page to each of your donors so they can support you.
- If 10 people donate $1 per day, and you drink 64 ounces of water each day in February, you will raise $280. Make sure to send your fundraising page to your donors after the campaign concludes so they can donate to you.
WHY HYDRATE FOR 28
2020 was rough. So we built a campaign where Key Club members could focus on their health and wellness while also helping Thirst Project end the water crisis.
Drinking water contributes to overall health, and Thirst Project wants Key Club members to commit to putting their health first.
ANY Key Club member who completes this campaign and drinks 64 ounces of water each day in February will be entered in a drawing to win a free Zoom session with our campaign champion, Dexter Darden.
More info to come.