YOF grants can help you take action. Look around and identify the service that needs to be done in your school, community or the world. Then apply for a grant.
YOF grants are given only to Key Clubs. Grants are not given to divisions or districts.
- Grant amounts between US$250 to US$2,000 may be requested.
- There are two opportunities per year to apply for a grant from the Youth Opportunities Fund.
- The applications for the first cycle must be received by October 15 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- The applications for the second cycle must be received by March 1 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- A club cannot receive more than one grant per Key Club year.
- Applications are reviewed by a Key Club International Board committee.
- Grant applicants are emailed about outcomes and a list of grant recipients is posted online four weeks following the application deadline (I.e., November and April).
- The previous year’s dues must be paid before YOF grant checks can be issued.
- A YOF Final Grant Report is due at the end of the grant cycle to qualify a club for future funding.
The project must meet the following requirements to qualify for a grant:
- Have Key Club member engagement
- Fill a need within your community. Determine that need by completing a community needs assessment.
- Support activities within at least one Kiwanis Children’s Fund cause area: health, education or youth leadership development.
- Spend the grant money within 12 months of when the grant is awarded.
Guidelines for filing the application are listed in the Key Club Guidebook under “Board Policies.”
Before you apply
Work with your club to conduct a community needs assessment. Use the assessment results to plan your project and create a balanced budget. The committee typically funds projects that work with other organizations to fund and complete the project.
Get ready to apply
- To begin an application, you must first create a club account on Foundant, our online grant-management system. Past recipients must use the club’s current Foundant account. Please watch this video to learn how to create an account and apply for a grant.
- This can be done from the Foundant login page by clicking “Create New Account”.
- Once your account is created, you can log in, then click on “Apply” and choose your preferred application language from the available selection.
- You will need to know the name of your Key Club, the club ID number and the Key Club district to begin the application. This information can be found on the Membership Update Center at keyclub.org/muc.
- If your club already has a Foundant account, you will use the existing login credentials. Do not create another account if your club has previously applied via Foundant.
Please contact us.