For Key Club members like you, Halloween is about more than candy, pumpkins and costumes. It’s an opportunity to carry on with the tradition of raising money for Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.
This year, we’re joining forces with Circle K International members to benefit their signature project, the WASH Project. WASH is the collective term for water, sanitation and hygiene. This campaign supports UNICEF’s work to provide safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and children in Haiti.
Beginning October 1, Key Clubs in the U.S. are encouraged to register and create an online profile by visiting www.trickortreatforunicef.org/keyclub. (Key Clubs outside the U.S. can help by collecting donations and mailing in a check or money order.)
Use the hashtag #ToT4UNICEF and download social media graphics here! Educate others and spread the word to get others involved.
To create an online fundraiser for your club, go to trickortreatforunicef.org/keyclub. Then follow these steps:
- Click “Start your fundraiser” and enter the name of your high school or Key Club as your display name.
- Enter a date before Nov. 15 as the end date.
- Work with your club’s executive board to determine a goal. (The fundraising goal for receiving a patch from Key Club International is US$250.)
- Complete the form with your name, email address, Key Club/School name, city, and state. Please be as clear as possible so that Kiwanis International can properly identify and connect your fundraising efforts to your club.
- Ask friends and family to help raise money for the WASH Project. If you have any trouble or questions, go to trickortreatforunicef.org/keyclub and scroll to FAQs.
If your club is not raising money online, you can still help:
- Determine what kind of fundraiser your club will do — or just collect donations in your school or community.
- Raise awareness about the WASH Project. Learn more at www.trickortreatforunicef.org/keyclub.
- Send a check or money order (made payable to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund) and your completed gift form to:
Kiwanis Children’s Fund
P.O. Box 6457 – Dept #286
Indianapolis, IN 46206 USA
Be sure to include “Trick-or-Treat” and your club number on the check’s memo line. It’s important to send your check directly to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund so we can keep track of the money raised by Kiwanis family clubs.