For Key Clubbers, Halloween means more than spooky decorations, cool costumes and ghoulish treats. It’s a chance to save lives and have fun—for less than the cost of a bag of Halloween candy. Protect a mother and her future newborns from MNT by Trick-or-Treating for UNICEF.
It’s easy to participate. Here are five simple steps to plan your project:
1. Pick a fundraiser. Collect funds door-to-door. Dance the night away alongside vampires and werewolves. Host a “trunk-or-treat.” Enjoy an old-fashioned pumpkin pie bake-off. The ideas are endless. Click here to find a few!
2. Set your goal. Estimate what you’ll raise through your project. Then subtract your expenses. This is your fundraising goal.
3. Get supplies. Do you have everything you need to host your fundraiser? Order collection boxes at the Kiwanis Family Store. Do you need decorations, food or costumes? Consider asking for donations from local businesses or even large chain stores.
4. Promote your event. Check out our social media graphics and 2017 guide to promote your event online. Or make your own flier or display. Let everyone know about the upcoming event and how they can donate. And share the information with your sponsoring Kiwanis club.
5. Submit your donations. Send your donations to the Kiwanis Children’s Fund, along with the donation form. If your club submits US$250 Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF donations by December 31, 2017, your club will earn a banner patch.